view from my airplane seat

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jen's visit winds to a close

Two weeks of partying catches up to me - Libbie wakes up with a sore throat. (Actually when I talked to other olim some said they got sick one week after making aliyah. So I guess the fact that I lasted two weeks isn't so bad :)
I think I just need to sleep for a couple days and I'll recuperate. I'm still adjusting to Israeli weather, water, lifestyle, etc...
However, I may have discovered a cure. For Jen's last dinner in Tel Aviv we went to Max Brenner, the famous chocolate factory. I wasn't feeling well but in Jen's honor I ordered a thick Italian hot chocolate. It is a steaming cup of thick, rich, pure dark chocolate. HEAVEN. After a few sips I literally felt my heart racing, and suddenly I could not stop laughing. It was like a jolt of energy to my system. I think I need to go back for round 2 today.
I also had the opportunity to meet some of Jen's Israeli friends (see pics) before she left. Everyone has been so warm and friendly and generous. Everyone I meet invites me to their home, for meals, for anything I need. I'm meeting so many new people every day. Yesterday I even got asked out by a man selling posters on the street. (did he actually think I would say yes? hmm)
As Jen's final hurrah we paid a visit to the Migdalor, a dance club on the top floor of an office building (which is floor 16, so it's tall for Israeli standards!) as we danced to the uplifting techno beats (and yes i'm loving the Israeli trance music!) I looked around the windows at the view of Tel Aviv twinkling below, and I couldn't stop smiling. This is my home. I love being here in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment